The All India Law Entrance Test, also known as AILET 2020, will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NLU) Delhi on May 3, from 10:00 am-11:30 am. AILET 2020's online application process began on 15 January 2020; the last date for filing application is 8 April 2020. AILET exam takes place every year for admission in combined five-year (BA LLB) and LLM law programs offered by the college. The BA LLB program has 110 seats to be filled by candidates on the basis of the AILET 2020 score. In addition, there are 10 additional seats reserved for foreign nationals to be offered by direct admission on the basis of merit. Foreign nationals are excluded from the entry in AILET 2020. The LLM program has 70 seats to be filled based on scores from AILET 2020, and 10 seats for foreign nationals.
The AILET 2020 exam will take place in offline mode and will include 150 MCQs. The exam will take place across 20 cities across India. Candidates who qualify for the exam are also named for the NLU Delhi counseling and admission process.
Online Application Starts
15th January 2020
Online Application Closes
8th April 2020
Admit Card Release
22nd April 2020
AILET Exam Date
3rd May 2020
AILET Result Announcement
29th May 2020 (Tentative)
NLU Delhi releases the AILET 2020 eligibility criteria as well as the application form. The following candidates will be considered suitable for applying for the B.A LL.B programme, in accordance with the eligibility criteria of AILET 2020.
• Candidates must have passed 10 + 2 with a Senior Secondary level or an equivalent board examination.
• Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
• No age bar for candidates applying for AILET 2020 as per the supreme court.
• Candidates appearing for the Class XII exam are also allowed to apply for the AILET 2020.
• AILET 2020 application form was released in online mode on 15 January 2020.
• Candidates must complete and submit their application forms before the last date.
• When filling out the application form, candidate needs the following details - email id, mobile number, a scanned photograph and a signature in the recommended format.
• The application fee could be deposited via online and offline mode.
• The application fee is different for different categories.
• Candidates must register first before proceeding to the application filing process.
|General, OBC||Rs. 3050|
|General, EWS, OBC||Rs. 1050|
|SC, ST||Rs. 1050|
• AILET Exam 2020 will be conducted in offline mode
• Language of the exam will be English
• The total duration of the examination will be 1 hour 30 minutes
• There are total 150 questions carrying 1 marks each
• Each correct answer will be awarded 1 marks and negative marking will be of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer
• The questions are of Objective type AILET Exam 2020 consists 5 sections - English, General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics, Reasoning, Legal Aptitude
|No. of questions||Marks|
AILET 2020 will be conducted in offline mode, in which the paper consists of 150 questions from five different subjects, including English (Comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability), Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
English Langauge:- The English section will test the English skills of the candidates on the basis of recognizing passages and grammar. Candidates will be asked in the Comprehension section regarding their interpretation of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used in it, etc. The grammar section includes the correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks with proper words in sentences, etc.
General knowledge:- General knowledge, including static general knowledge, will be examined on general awareness. Current affairs questions will check candidates on their knowledge of current national and international affairs.
Legal aptitude:- This section will test the candidate's interest in law studies, research aptitude, and problem-solving ability. Questions can include legal propositions (described in the paper) and a set of facts to be applied in the sense of that proposition. In real terms, some propositions may not be "true," candidates are required to assume the "truth" of these propositions and respond accordingly to these questions.
Logical Reasoning:- The object of the logical reasoning section is to test the ability of the candidate to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include the number of questions of logical reasoning related to syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
The AILET 2020 Admit Card will be available online from 22 April 2020. Candidates will find the following details on the AILET 2020 admit card
• Date of birth
• Photograph of candidate
• Examination Centre details
• Exam dates
• General Instruction
• Exam Duration
Candidates need to carry a Photo ID proof with them along with the AILET 2020 admit card to the exam centre.
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|West Bengal||West Bengal|
|Persons with Disability||35.25|
|Residents of J&K||51.25|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Having a keen hobby in writing from university days. I have been writing articles, blogs on various elements. Presently working with Juris Academy as a content writer. Diving deep into the on-going generation and writing on same is what I do.