Why Newspaper Reading is Important for Judiciary Exams?
Aspirants preparing for Judiciary exams must have a habit of reading newspapers on a daily basis. It is important to keep yourself updated with the latest happenings around the world. Not only will this help you in your preparation for the exams, but also in your career as a lawyer. Here are some of the reasons why newspaper reading is important for judiciary exams:
1. Helps you stay updated with current affairs: As mentioned earlier, one of the main reasons why you should read newspapers regularly is to keep yourself updated with current affairs. The questions in the judiciary exam are mostly based on current affairs. So, if you have a habit of reading newspapers, it will be easier for you to answer these questions.
2. Helps you improve your English language skills: Another reason why reading newspapers is important for judiciary exams is that it will help you improve your English language skills. The English language section in the judiciary exam tests your reading, writing and comprehension skills. By reading newspapers on a regular basis, you will be able to improve all these skills.
3. Helps you develop analytical and critical thinking skills: Reading newspapers also helps you develop analytical and critical thinking skills. This is because when you read news articles, you have to analyze and understand them before forming an opinion about them. These skills will come in handy not only during the exam but also in your career as a lawyer.
4. Helps you become aware of the legal system: By reading newspapers, you will also become aware of the different aspects of the legal system. This knowledge will be useful during the exam as well as in your future career.
5. Helps you understand social issues: Finally, by reading newspapers regularly, you will also be able to understand social issues better. Many times, questions in the judiciary exams are based on social issues. So, if you have a good understanding of these issues, it will be easier for you to answer such questions
Primary Focus While Reading Newspapers for Judiciary Exams
When you are reading newspapers for the judiciary exams, it is important to keep the following things in mind:
1. Read newspapers with a purpose: When you are reading newspapers for the judiciary exams, you should have a purpose in mind. This means that you should be aware of the topics that are likely to be asked in the exam and focus on those topics while reading the newspaper.
2. Be selective in what you read: You cannot possibly read everything that is published in a newspaper. So, you need to be selective in what you read. Focus on the news items that are relevant to the topics that are likely to be asked in the exam.
3. Understand the structure of a news item: A news item has a certain structure and it is important to understand this structure in order to be able to answer questions based on the news item.
4. Practice answering questions: Once you have read a few newspapers, try answering some questions based on the news items that you have read. This will help you understand what kind of questions are likely to be asked in the exam and also give you an idea about how to go about answering them.
5. Be aware of the current affairs: In addition to reading newspapers, it is also important to be aware of the current affairs. This will help you answer questions that are based on current events.
Strategy to Read Newspapers for Judicial Service Exams
As mentioned earlier, it is important to have a strategy in place while reading newspapers for the judiciary exams. Here is a strategy that you can follow:
1. Read the newspaper from cover to cover: The first thing that you need to do is to read the newspaper from cover to cover. This will give you an idea about the different news items that are published in the newspaper.
2. Identify the relevant news items: Once you have read the newspaper, try to identify the news items that are relevant to the topics that are likely to be asked in the exam.
3. Make a list of these news items: Once you have identified the relevant news items, make a list of these news items. This will help you keep track of the news items that you need to focus on.
4. Read these news items carefully: Once you have made a list of the relevant news items, read these news items carefully. Try to understand what these news items are about and also make a note of any important points that you come across.
5. Answer questions based on these news items: Finally, once you have read and understood the relevant news items, try answering some questions based on these news items. This will help you understand how to go about answering questions based on news articles.
This is just a basic strategy that you can follow while reading newspapers for the judiciary exams. You can always modify this strategy according to your own needs and requirements.
Focus on International News
Even though the main focus while reading newspapers should be on national news, it is also important to read international news. This is because there are often questions in the judiciary exams that are based on international news. So, make sure that you do not ignore international news while reading newspapers for the exam.
Refer to Monthly Magazines & Current Affairs
The term "current affairs" refers to current events and news stories that are of interest to the general public. Some popular current affairs magazines include Pratiyogita darpan, current affairs magazine from Arihant publications etc .
Even though reading newspapers is a very important part of your preparation for the judiciary exams, it is not enough. You also need to revise what you have read on a regular basis. This will help you remember the important points that you have read and also understand them better.
One way of revising what you have read is by making notes. Another way is by discussing the news items with your friends or family members.
You can also join a discussion group or forum on the internet where people discuss current affairs. This will help you learn from other people's perspectives and also make new friends.
Whatever method you choose, make sure that you revise on a regular basis so that you are up-to-date with the latest news and events.
LLM Entrance Test Question Papers of AILET, ILI and CLAT 2022 exam
We are known for best coaching for Judicial services Exams and various law Entrance Exams such as LL.M. entrance Exams, LL.B. Entrance Exams, CLAT preparation, All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) coaching etc. Success stories of law aspirants begin at Juris Academy. Juris Academy's mock test series helps students to prepare well in advance entrance exams in a simulated environment, thereby having competitive edge over other candidates.