The CLAT Counselling 2020 process will be held after the declaration of CLAT Result and Merit List. It is an online procedure including a list of seat allocations and confirmations released by the Consortium authority. The seat allotment will be made on the basis of marks scored in the CLAT 2020 exam, it will be published separately for the participating National Law Universities (NLUs) and the preferences specified by the candidates in their application form.
A candidate who has been allotted seat to the NLU will be expected to deposit CLAT Counselling Fee Rs. 50,000/- in the admission process for securing his/her seat allotment. The admission fees will be granted after the deduction of INR 50,000. The Counselling procedure consists of the following processes:
Check out the complete counselling details for CLAT 2020 including procedure, fee, and documents required, etc.CLAT Application Form CLAT Exam Pattern CLAT Exam Dates CLAT Reservation CLAT Result CLAT Syllabus
|Conducting Authority||CLAT Office|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Minimum Eligibility||CLAT Rank and order of preference in CLAT Form|
|Total Participating Colleges||21 NLUs and 45+ Private colleges|
|Total Seats||3000 approx. (in NLUs)|
Below is a tentative calendar of events for CLAT Counselling process.
|Declaration of Results and Issue of Merit List||July, 2020|
|Publication of the first allotment list||N/A|
|Date for payment of counseling fee of INR 50,000||N/A|
|Publication of the 2nd allotment list after payment of counseling fee||N/A|
|Date for payment of counseling fee (for the candidates appearing for the 1st time in 2nd provisional allotment list)||N/A|
|Last date of withdrawal from the Admission Process||N/A|
|Publication of the 3rd allotment list||N/A|
|Payment of full fees||N/A|
|Date for completing formalities at allotted NLU||N/A|
|Date for receiving status of admissions from the participating NLU||N/A|
At the time of CLAT Counselling, candidates with their names on the merit list should have the following documents:
CLAT counseling procedure is performed through a centralized online system. It is carried out separately for programs of UG and PG. The entire process will be performed as per the conducting authorities ' CLAT Calendar.
The final admission procedure for the 21 NLUs is as follows:
This step is further divided into sub-steps as given below:
Other institutes accept CLAT score for admission to UG – PG Law Courses in addition to NLUs. The list of National Law Universities participating is as follows:
1. National Law School of India University, Bangalore
2. National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad
3. National Law Institute University, Bhopal
4. West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
5. National Law University, Jodhpur
6. Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
7. Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
8. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
9. Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala
10. Chanakya National Law University, Patna
11. National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
12. National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
13. National Law University, Delhi
14. National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
15. National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
16. Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy
17. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
18. Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
19. Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
20. National Law University, Nagpur
21. Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
The following institutions have CLAT 2020 office MoU to use CLAT ranking for admission purposes:
1. Alliance University, Bangalore
2. Amity University, Uttar Pradesh
3. Asian Law College, Noida
4. DIRD Holambi Khurd, Delhi
5. Dr. K.N. Modi Unversity, Rajasthan
6. Faculty of Law, Marwadi University, Rajkot
7. Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh
8. Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat
9. Gitam School of Law, Visakhapatnam
10. Harlal School of Law, Greater Noida
11. ICFAI University, Dehradun
12. ICFAI University, Tripura
13. IFIM Law College, Bangalore
14. IIMT University, College of Law, Meerut
15. IMS Unison University, Dehradun
16. Indore Institute of Law, Indore
17. Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
18. Institute of Legal Studies and Research, GLA University, Mathura
19. ISBR Law College, Bangalore
20. Jain University, Bangalore
21. Jims Engineering Management Technical Campus (JEMTEC) School of Law, Greater Noida
22. Kalinga University, Faculty of Law, Naya Raipur
23. Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University
24. Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida
25. Madhya Pradesh Dharamshastra National Law University, Jabalpur
26. Maharishi University of Information Technology, Delhi NCR
27. Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, MJRP Academy of Law, Jaipur
28. Manipal University, Jaipur
29. Mewar Law Institute, Ghaziabad
30.MSB Global Law Institute (Maharaja Surajmal Brij University), Bharatpur
31. NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanoon Sansthan (NIMT Institute of Method and Law), Greater Noida
32. NMIMS, Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai
33. PES University, Bangalore
34. Raffles University, Neemrana, Rajasthan
35. Renaissance Law College, Indore
36. Reva University, Bangalore
37. RNB Global University, Bikaner
38. Sandip University, Nashik
39.Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary (SGT) University, Gurugram
40. Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore
41. Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun
42. SRM University, Haryana
43. The NorthCap University, Gurgaon
44. Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar
45. Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
46.Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
Yes, Candidates have to deposit a counselling fee of INR 50,000 at the CLAT office. This amount will be adjusted in the admission fees at the time of admission in the allotted NLU.
There will be no refund of counselling fee after the last date of withdrawal from the admission process. Those candidates who have withdrawn their seats up to an outlined date are going to be refunded once deducting Rs. 10,000 from the CLAT counselling fee.
No, once the candidate has submitted his / her NLU preference, it will be considered as final. However, in the case of multiple applications for CLAT, the last form submitted will be treated as final.
Yes, some NLUs offer seats to NRI/ NRI sponsored/ foreign national candidates. Candidates must visit the official website to know more about the seat reservations for NRI.
It can be checked in two ways –
1. Visit the official website and check your name in the allotment list.
2. Login to your CLAT account to check your allotment status.
CLAT counselling will be an online process held under the authority of CLAT Consortium. The counselling sessions will not be held by any individual NLUs.
If a candidate chooses for ' Shifting ' upwards, his / her application for higher NLU preference will be considered if the vacancy arises and he / she is in the NLU higher preference Merit List.
Locking of choices means the order of preference of NLU that you have chosen for admission, and then according to your score, you get the same NLU. In that case, he/she has the option of ‘Locking’ their seat. If your score is high, you get the college that you first gave preference to in your choices, and if it is low, you get the college of your lower preferences.
Each Seat Allotment List will consist of two groups (Selected and Waitlisted Candidates). First there are those who have been provisionally admitted, and second there are those who have been waiting. If there is any vacancy emerge due to drop out of students in any particular Seat Allotment List, then the highest-ranked candidate from the waitlisted candidate will be given admission.